- Ragi flour – 1 cup
- Water – 2 and 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Add ragi flour in a cup of water and make a smooth batter without any lumps.
- Pour the remaining water ( 1 and 1/4 cups) in a vessel and bring to boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the ragi batter slowly and stir continuously till it become thick like a paste.
- Remove from stove and transfer this ragi paste to another bowl. Add salt and mix well.
- Place this bowl in the idli cooker and steam cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
This “Kazhi” is slightly different from “Koozh”. It is non sticky and Ideal breakfast for this summer season. Serve with curd, Pearl Onion and green chillies. You can mix curd in the Kazhi along with chopped onion and green chillies. If you want it in liquid form, add required buttermilk and drink. This Kazhi can also be served with “Mochai Kottai Kuzhambu”.