- Green Gram Dhal – ½ cup
- Urad dhal – ½ cup
- Rawa – 1 cup
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Green chillies – 3 to 4 Nos
- Asafotida powder – ½ teaspoon
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Carrot – 1 No
- Spinach – few leaves
- Green peas – 2 tablespoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Soak green gram dhal and urad dhal for about 4 to five hours. Wash and drain the excess water. Put it in a mixie along with green chillies, ginger and asafotida powder. Grind to a fine paste. Remove it and put it in a bowl.
- Chop the vegetables into small pieces. Add rawa, salt, cut vegetables to the dhal paste. Mix well. If necessary add little water or curd to make the batter to flow like idli batter.
- Grease idli plate with ghee and put the dhal vegetable mixture and steam cook for ten minutes.
- You will get colourful, nutritious idlis.
- Tips: You can also add mushroom, any other keerai, nuts etc. You can add a pinch of cooking soda to get idlies softer.