- Tomato – 1
- Big Onion – 1
- Garlic flakes – 4
- Red Chillies – 4
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- For seasoning:
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Peel the skin from onion and chop it into medium pieces.
- Wash tomato and cut it into small pieces.
- Peel skin from garlic flakes also.
- In a small kadai put 2 teaspoon oil. Add red chillies and fry for few seconds. Remove.
- Same kadai put the garlic flakes and fry till it slightly changes its colour. Add chopped onion and fry for a while.
- Add tomato pieces and tamarind. Fry till the tomatos are mashed well.
- Cool and put all the fried items in a mixie jar along with salt. Grind it to a coarse paste.
- Season it with mustard.
This chutney goes well with Idli/Dosa.
Please also see :