- Brinjal – 4 to 5 Nos
- Green Gram Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Onion – 1 small
- Green Chillies – 2
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook both green gram and bengal gram dhal together till it is soft.
- Cut the brinjal into small size pieces and put it in a thick bottomed vessel. Pour water just to cover the vegetable. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Cook on medium flame till the brinjal is soft.
- Meantime, grind coconut gratings, green chillies and jeera together to a coarse paste.
- When the brinjal is cooked well, add the cooked dhal and the coconut paste and mix well. Allow to boil for few minutes.
- Season it with mustard, onion chopped finely and curry leaves.