This cucumber kootu is ideal for serving with rice.
- Cucumber – 1
- Green Gram Dhal – 1/4 cup
- Sambar powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- For seasoning:
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Sambar Onion – 2 Nos
- Remove the skin from Cucumber and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cook Green gram dhal along with enough water and turmeric powder in open vessel till soft.
- Add cucumber pieces, sambar powder and salt to the dhal and mix well. Cook for two to three more minutes or till the cucumber is soft.
- In a small kadai put a teaspoon of oil. When it is hot add mustard. When it starts pop up, add curry leaves and chopped onion and fry for a while. Add this seasoning to the kootu and mix well.