- Manathakkaali Keerai – 1 bunch
- Green Gram Dhal – ½ cup
- Coconut gratings – ¼ cup
- Green chillies – 2
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Rice – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Power – a pinch
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- For seasoning:
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Small onion – 2 Nos
- Remove the leaves from the stem (stem should not be used – the stems are hard and give bitter taste). Wash and chop the greens.
- Cook the green gram dhal along with turmeric till soft. Add the greens to cooked dhal and cook on low flame.
- Grind coconut, green chillies, jeera and rice to a fine paste and add to the greens and stir well.
- Season it with mustard and small onion chopped finely.