Ingredients for Mor Kuzhambu
- Buttermilk – 2 cups
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Besan (Kadalai Mavu) – 1 teaspoon
- Green chillies – 2
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – ½ teaspoon
- Thuvar dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Raw Rice – ½ teaspoon
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – half teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Ingredient for Urundai
- Bengal gram dal – 1/4 cup
- Thuvar dal – 1/4 cup
- Red Chillies – 2
- Asafoetida powder – 2 pinches
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon or as per taste
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
Directions for Urundai
- Soak Bengal gram dal and thuvar dal for atleast an hour. Grind it along with red chillies, asafetida and salt to a coarse paste.
- Add chopped curry leaves and coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Make lemon size balls and steam cook it for 10 minutes.
Directions for Mor Kuzhambu
- Soak Thuvar dhal, coriander seeds, raw rice and jeera (Cumin seeds) in water for 10 to 15 minutes. Grind it along with green chillies to a fine paste.
- Churn the buttermilk and add the paste, turmeric powder, besan and salt. Mix well. Cook it on medium flame stirring continuously till it starts boiling.
- Season it with mustard.
- Add steamed balls. Garnish with coriander leaves.
This Lentil Ball (Paruppu Urundai) Mor Kuzhambu goes well with steamed rice/Indian Bread. Adding little besan to this kuzhambu makes it boil without curdling and ensure to get thick flowing consistency Kuzhambu.