- White Til seeds – 1 cup
- Curry Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Asafotida – a small piece
- Red Chillies – 5 to 6
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Heat up a kadai and dry roast the til seeds (also known as sesame seeds or Ellu in Tamil) without adding oil. Remove it. In the same kadai put a teaspoon of oil and roast Bengal gram dhal, red chillies and asafetida. Finally add curry leaves and fry for few seconds and remove. Cool it and powder it along with fried til seeds and salt. Store it in an air tight container.
- This can be served with Idli/Dosa or can be taken with hot rice. You can also sprinkle one or two teaspoons of this podi while making vegetable poriyal.