- Garlic flakes – 25 to 30 (small size)
- Red Chillies – 6 to 8
- Coriander seeds (Dhaniya) – 2 tablespoons
- Curry leaves – a handful
- Coconut gratings – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1 to 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Put a teaspoon of oil in a kadai and fry coriander seeds (daniya), red chillies, curry leaves, garlic and coconut separately till you get nice aroma. Cool it. Add salt and grind it to a coarse powder.
- Goes well with Idli and Dosa. Can also mix it with hot rice and eat.
- Try these masala powders also:
- Paruppu Podi (Dhal Powder)
- Vatha Kuzhambu Podi