- Raw Mango (Medium size) – 1
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
- Gingelly Oil – 3 to 4 tablespoons
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Fenugreek Powder – 1 teaspoon
Wash and wipe the mango. Peel the skin and grate it finely.
In a dry kadai put a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds and dry fry till it become light brown. Remove and pound it to a fine powder.
In a thick bottomed kadai, pour the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it starts pops up, add asafetida powder. Add mango gratings and fry on medium flame till it is half cooked. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Mix it well and stir fry till it blends well and oil separates. Add fenugreek powder and mix it once again and remove.