- Broccoli – 1 big size
- Green Gram Dhal – 2 tablespoons
- Green Chillies – 2
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeeragam (Cumin) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Separate the florets and cut it into medium size pieces lengthwise. Slit green chillies lengthwise.
- Cook the green gram till soft.
- Boil 4 to 5 cups of water and add a pinch of salt. Add broccoli pieces and just allow to boil for few seconds and remove.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal, jeera and green chillies. Then add the blanched broccoli along with one or two pinches of salt. Mix it well. Cover it and cook for few more seconds in a medium flame. Then add the cooked dhal (drain the water completely and add) and stir it well. Keep it in the medium flame for few more seconds and remove.