- Cauliflower (medium size) – 1
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Red chillies – 2 to 3
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Curry leaves – 1 string
- Turmeric Powder – two pinches
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the cauliflower and separate the florets. Scrap the skin from ginger and chop it into small pieces.
- Put the cauliflower florets in boiling water along with little salt and turmeric powder and allow to boil for few seconds and remove it. Keep it aside.
- In a small kadai put a teapoon of oil and fry bengal gram dhal, red chillies, curry leaves and chopped ginger. Cool it and put all the fried ingredients in a mixie and powder it.
- In another kadai put a teaspoon of oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal and fry till it become light brown. Add the cauliflower florets and a pinch of salt and mix well. Close with a lid and cook on a medium flame for two to three minutes stirring now and then. Finally sprinkle the dhal/chilli powder and mix well. Keep the flame to low and stir it for few seconds or till all blends well and look dry.
- Note:This can be prepared in microwave oven also. For microwave method, no seasoning is required. You can prepare the dhal powder and keep it. Put the cauliflower florets in a microwave bowl (preferably a flat glass bowl) and add turmeric, salt and oil. Mix it well and microwave it for 4 to 5 minutes. Ensure to take out every one minute and stir it and put back to microwave oven. Then sprinkle the dhal/chilli powder, mix it and again microwave it for two minutes.