- Karamani (Cow gram) sprouted – 1 cup
- Tomato – 1 big
- Onion – 1
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Sambar Powder – 1 heaped teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Soak one cup karamani in water for at least 8 hours. Drain out the water and put it in a clean cloth, bundle it and hang it over night. You can also use the ready made sprouted karamani available in the shop.
- Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- Bring a cup of water (or just enough to cover the soaked gram) to boil and add the sprouted karamani along with a pinch of salt and cook till it is soft.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add jeera and asafotida powder. Then add chopped onion, curry leaves and fry well. Add tomatos and fry till it mashed well. Then add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and mix well. Add the cooked gram and stir well. Cook on low flame till all blends well and dry. Finally add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.