- Keerai (Any Green variety) – 1 bunch
- Raw Pea Nut – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Tomato – 2
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3
- Red Chillies – 2
- Garlic Pearls – 4 to 5
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Pressure cook raw pea nuts along with a pinch of salt to two or three whistles.
- Wash and chop the greens. Chop onion and tomato finely. Slit green chillies into two. Cut the red chillies into two.
- In a kadai (preferably non-stick kadai) put the keerai along with turmeric and pepper powder and dry fry (no need to add oil) keeping the stove in medium flame till the water content is fully absorbed and the greens are cooked.
- In another kadai put the oil and when it is hot add garlic pearls and fry for a while. Add chopped onions, green and red chillies and fry for few minutes. Add tomato pieces and fry well. Then add cooked pea nuts, greens along with salt. Mix everything well. Keep it in low flame and fry for few more seconds.
- This can be served as a side dish for rice or chapatti. Or put this curry in bread slices and make bread sandwiches.