- Carrot – 2 Nos
- Chow chow(chayote) – 1 small size
- Sweet Potato – 1 No
- Yellow pumpkin – 1 small piece
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Wash and remove the skin from all the above vegetables and cut into small cubes. In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard and jeera. When it pops up add asafotida powder and curry leaves. Then add the chopped vegetables along with sambar powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well. Sprinkle a handful of water and cover with lid. Cook on low flame till the vegetables are soft.
Note: You can add a tablespoon of fresh coconut gratings.