- Long Beans (Payathankai) – a small bunch
- Carrot – one or two
- Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Coconut gratings – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash both the vegetables. Cut long beans into 2 inch size pieces. Peel the skin from carrot and cut it into small stripes of same size of 2 inches.
- In a kadai put oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add cumin seeds, asafotida and curry leaves. Then add both the cut vegetables. Add sambar powder, turmeric powder and salt. Sprinkle two or three handful of water and mix well. Cover with lid and cook on medium flame till the vegetables are cooked soft stirring now and then. Before removing from stove, add coconut gratings and mix it well.