- Yam (Senai kizhangu) – 1 big piece
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Besan flour – 1 tablespoon
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying
- Remove the skin from yam and cut it into 2 inch long size pieces. (You can also use frozen cut yam pieces available in stores).
- Cook the yam in open vessel till it is soft. Do not overcook.
- Put the cooked yam pieces in a big bowl and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, besan flour, rice flour, corn flour, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and put the yam pieces one by one in hot oil and fry till it become golden brown.