- Yam (Senai kizhangu) – 1 big piece
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Besan flour – 1 tablespoon
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Oil for deep frying
- Remove the skin from yam and cut it into 2 inch long size pieces. (You can also use frozen cut yam pieces available in stores). Cook the yam in open vessel till it is soft. Do not overcook. Put the cooked yam pieces in a big bowl and add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, besan flour, rice flour, corn flour, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and put the yam pieces one by one in hot oil and fry till it become golden brown.
- This fry goes well with More Kuzhambu/sambar/Poricha Kuzhambu.