- Green Banana – 1
- Sambar podi – 1 teaspoon heaped
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Remove the skin from banana and cut it into ¼ inch thick round pieces (Or half round pieces) and put it in water.
- Wash well and take out from water and put it in a broad vessel.
- Add salt, turmeric, asafetida powder and sambar powder. Sprinkle enough water to cover the vegetable and mix well. Keep aside for ten to fifteen minutes.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot, add the banana pieces and stir well. Separate each piece and cover with lid.
- Cook on low flame for five to ten minutes stirring (actually you have to turn the pieces gently) now and then.
- Remove the lid and turn the banana pieces and keep it on low flame till it become golden brown.
Goes well with sambar rice or Rasam rice.
Also See: Vazhaikkai Tamarind Varuval