- Tomato (Fully riped big size) – 2 Nos
- Big Onion – 1
- Green Chillies – 2
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut tomatoes into medium size pieces. Grind it to a fine puree.
- Chop onion and green chillies finely.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add jeera and fry for a while. Then add chopped onion and green chillies and curry leaves. Fry for two minutes. Add tomato puree along with turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Add a cup of water. Close with lid and bring to boil.
- Meantime, grind the coconut into a fine paste and add to the boiling mixture. Stir well and allow to boil for further two to three minutes.
- It can be taken mixed with hot rice. It is a non-spicy charu and can be taken as “soup” also.