- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Red chilly – 2
- Green chilli – 4
- Bengal gram dal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida – ¼ teaspoon
- Cashew nut – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut Oil – 4 or 5 teaspoons
- Mustard – Half teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook rice till soft (But not mushy). Put it in a plate or broad vessel and spread it. Sprinkle one or two teaspoon oil over it.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add Bengal gram dal, Urad dal and fry till it turns light brown. Add cashew nuts, chillies, asafetida powder and curry leaves and fry for a while. Now add coconut gratings and fry for two/three seconds. Add cooked rice to this and mix gently. Garnish with coriander leaves.
You can also add ground nuts, a small piece of fresh ginger chopped while seasoning. You can use any oil, however coconut oil enhance the flavour to this rice.