- Rice – 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – 1 small bunch
- Green Chillies – 2 Nos
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
- Urad Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook the rice till soft (not too soft).
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and fry urad dhal till it becomes light brown. Add green chillies split into two and ginger chopped and fry for a while. Add tamarind and fry. Finally add chopped coriander and fry everything together for few seconds. Cool it. Grind this to a fine paste.
- In the Kadai put the remaining oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, reduce the heat and add cooked rice, salt, ground coriander paste. Mix well keeping the flame to low. Once everything blended well, remove it.
- Tips: You can also add fried cashew nuts or ground nuts and a tablespoon of fresh coconut gratings for garnishing.
- Serve with any one of the Pachadies: Cucumber Curd Pachadi, Banana Stem Pachadi, Coconut Curd Pachadi