- Rice Flour – 2 cups
- Besan Flour – 1/2 cup
- Pottukadalai Powder – 1/4 cup
- Butter – 3 tablespoons
- Asafoetida Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- For Pottukadalai Powder, grind little more than 1/4 cup pottukadai (Chutney Dhal) in a mixie to a fine powder. Sieve it and take the required powder.
- Sieve rice and besan flour. Mix all the three flours thoroughly. Add butter, asafoetida powder, cumin (Jeeragam) and salt. Mix it well. Add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with “single star” plate and squeeze it in circular motion directly in the hot oil. Fry till it becomes crispy and remove. Finish all the dough like this.
- Store it in an air-tight container.