- Sago – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Potato (medium size) – 4
- Ginger paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Green Chilli Paste – 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Besan 1/4 cup
- Salt 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak the sago in warm water for at least an hour.
- Cook the potatoes till soft. Remove the skin and mash well.
- Drain excess water from sago and mix it with the mashed potatoes. Add giner paste, chilli paste, cumin and coriander powders and salt. (If you want more spicy bonda, you can add half teaspoon red chilli powder too). Mix it well. Finally sprinkle besan over the dough and mix thoroughly.
- Make small lemon size balls.
- Heat oil in a kadai and deep fry the balls till it become light brown.
- Serve with Tomato Ketchup or Sauce.