- Besan flour – 2 and half cups
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Pepper – 1 teaspoon (Crushed coarsely)
- Red Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cooking Soda – 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee or butter – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Kara sev plate or a boondi karandi with big holes
- Mix besan flour, rice flour, pepper powder, red chilli powder, asafetida, cooking soda, ghee and salt. Add water little by little and make a thick dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Hold the karaa sev plate above the oil and put little dough on the plate and rub it. The dough will fall through the holes. Fry till it become golden yellow and crisp. Remove and store it in an air tight container.