- Rice Flour – 2 cups
- Roasted Green Gram Dhal (Moong) flour – 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Butter or Ghee – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut Milk – 1/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- For Green gram dhal flour, dry roast 1/2 cup green gram dhal (Moong dhal) till its colour changes to light brown. Cool it and powder it. Sieve it and take half cup powder. Powder required sugar also.
- Mix rice flour, dhal flour, salt, sugar, butter or ghee thoroughly. Add coconut milk and again mix it well. Then add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with “single star” plate and squeeze it in circular motion directly in the hot oil. Fry till it becomes crispy and remove. Finish all the dough like this.
- Store it in an air-tight container