- Rice flour – 3 cups
- Besan flour – 1 cup
- Red Chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Asafotida powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
- Butter or Ghee – 4 tablespoon
- Oil for deep frying
- Sieve both rice and besan flour.
- Put it in a broad vessel. Add red chilli powder, asafetida and salt and mix well. Melt butter or ghee and pour over the flour. Mix once again. Divide the flour into 3 to 4 parts. Then add water little by little in one part of the flour and make a soft dough.
- Heat oil in a Kadai. Take small quantity of dough and put it in the Murukku Press with “single star” plate and squeeze it in circular motion directly to the hot oil. Fry till it becomes crispy and nice golden yellow. But ensure not to brown.
- Once the prepared dough is finished, then take another part of the flour and make dough and proceed as above.