- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Besan – 1 cup
- Black Pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 2 teaspoons
- Cooking Soda – Two pinches
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for frying
- Sieve both rice and besan flours. Coarsely powder the black pepper.
- In a flat bowl or in a plate put ghee, cooking soda and salt. Rub with your fingers till it become frothy. To this add rice flour, besan and the pepper powder. Mix it. Then add water little by little and make a soft dough.
- In a kadai put oil and when it is hot, hold the “Kara Sev Kattai” above the oil and keep a lemon size dough on top of it and rub it. Kara Sev will fall through the hole in the oil. Fry till it become crisp.
- “Kara Sev Kattai” is available with different size holes. For this karasev, we need slightly bigger size hole. If you do not have it, then you can use “Murukku Achu” with single star plate or any plate with big size hole.