- Rice flour – 2 cups
- Coconut gratings – 1 cup
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Fry the rice flour in a dry kadai till nice aroma comes out.
- Boil 2 cups of water along with salt.
- Mix the fried rice flour and coconut gratings in a broad vessel. Add the boiling water little by little and mix with a wooden spoon and make a hard dough. Take out a small lemon size dough and make a ball and keep it in your palm just press it by your fingers. Finish all the dough like this. Arrange it in a greased idli plate and steam it for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Note: You can use puttu podi also for this. When using the Puttu Podi, just add salt and coconut gratings to the puttu podi, sprinkle warm water and make a thick dough (like chapati dough). Prepare Kozhukattai as above.
- Tips:I have prepared the kozhukattai with Red Rice Puttu Podi. Goes well with any spicy chutney.