- Rice – 1 cup
- Thuvar Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Red Chillies – 2 to 3
- Asafotida powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Sambar Onion – 5 to 6
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak rice and dhal in water for two to three hours. Drain the excess water.
- Grind along with red chillies, asafotida powder and salt to a coarse paste.
- Add onion and curry leaves chopped finely.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take out a lemon size dough and flatten it. Deep fry till it becomes golden brown.
- You will get 10 Vadai for the above quantity.