- Baby Corn – 100 gm or 5 to 6 pcs
- Onion – 1 No
- Carrot – 1 (small)
- Potato – 1 (small)
- Butter/Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Garlic flakes – 1 or 2 (small size)
- Pepper Powder and salt – as per taste
- Remove the skin from potato and carrot and cut it into medium size pieces. Cut baby corn into two to three pieces. Chop onion. Put all these into a pressure cooker and add 2-3 cups of water. Close with lid and cook for two to three whistles.
- When the steam subsidised, open the cooker and strain it. Keep the strained water aside. Take two to three pieces of cooked baby corn and keep it separately. Put the remaining cooked vegetables in a blender and make a fine puree.
- In a thick bottomed vessel put the butter or oil. Chop the garlic finely and add it. Fry for few seconds. Add the strained water and the puree together and stir well. Bring to boil. Add the reserved baby corn pieces. Remove from stove.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper powder and serve hot with bread sticks.
- Note: You can reduce the water quantity and add a cup of milk to get richer taste. However without milk also it tastes good and very filling.