- Garlic Flakes (medium size) – 5 to 6
- Rice flour – 1 tablespoon
- Onion chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Green Chilli – 1
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Mint leaves – few
- Lemon juice – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt and pepper powder – as per taste
- Take a sharp rod (like “Vadai Kambi” or kabab stick) and insert the garlic flakes with the skin intact one by one. Hold the rod above the stove and rotate it over direct flame till it is fully roasted.
- When it is slightly warm, remove it from the rod and peel the skin. Keep the grilled garlic aside.
- Slit green chilli lengthwise into two, chop ginger, coriander leaves and mint leaves. Take a small piece of clean muslin cloth and put the chopped chilli, ginger, coriander leaves and mint. Gather the corners of the cloth and tie with a thread and make a bundle.
- In a kadai put the oil and add chopped onion and fry for a while. Add grilled garlic and 2 to 3 cups of water and place the above bundle in the water. Close with a lid and allow to boil for 5 to 10 minutes. Then remove the bundle and slightly squeeze it to the boiling soup. Mix rice flour in little water and add it to the soup and stir well. Allow to boil till required thickness is reached. Remove and add lemon juice, salt and pepper powder. Sprinkle few chopped mint leaves and serve with Bread slices or Bun.