- Cornmeal – 1 cup
- Sugar – 3 to 4 tablespoons or as per taste
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 4 cups
- Badam Mix Powder – 4 tablespoons (Optional)
- Cardamom Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cashew Nuts – few
- Raisins – few
- In a kadai put the ghee and when it is hot add cashew nuts and raisins and fry for few seconds and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai put the corn meal and fry for one or two minutes. Put it in a pressure cooker, add two cups of water and pressure cook it for two to three whistles. Once it is cooled down, remove the lid and mash it well. Add sugar and 3 cups of milk to the cooked cornmeal and bring it to boil. Meantime add the badam mix powder to the remaining one cup milk and stir it well. Add this to the payasam and stir well. Allow to boil for few more seconds. Finally add cardamom powder, fried cashews and raisins and remove.
- Serve hot or cold.
- Note: Adding badam mix powder is optional. (You can use MTR Badam Feast or Aachi Badam Drink Mix or any other brand available). Without badam powder also we can prepare this payasam. Also note that the milk should be pre-boiled and then added to the payasam.