- Rice – 1 cup
- Green Gram Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Jaggary powdered – 1 cup
- Coconut gratings – ¼ cup
- Cardamom – 5
- Ghee – 4 to 5 teaspoon
- Water – 2 cups
- Fry the rice and dhal separately in a kadai without oil till it turns light brown.
- Cool it and powder it in a mixie.
Boil the water and jaggery powder. Stir till jaggery melts. Remove from stove and strain it.
- Pour it over the rice dhal powder. Close with lid. Leave it for half an hour.
- Then add coconut, cardamom powdered along with ghee to the rice dhal mixture and make a soft dough.
- Take out a lemon size dough and press it with your fingers and make Kozhukattai.
- Arrange it in a greased idli plate and steam it for five to seven minutes.