- Khoya (unsweetened) – 2 cups
- Maida – ½ cup
- Cooking soda – a pinch
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Oil for deep frying
- Cardamom powder – ½ teaspoon
- Rose essence – few drops
Instant Gulab Jamun mixes are very handy and one can prepare jamuns instantly. If you do not have instant mix, try the following:
- Mix khoya, maida and cooking soda. Sprinkle water little by little and make a soft dough. Make a small size balls.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Keep the flame to minimum. When the oil is hot enough, add five to six balls and fry till it become golden brown. Remove it. Fry all the balls like this.
- Put the sugar in a vessel and add two cups of water and bring to boil. Allow to boil for five to seven minutes. Remove from stove. Add rose essence and cardamom powder. Add the fried balls to the syrup. Allow to soak for at least one hour.