- Karamani (Cowgram) – 1 cup
- Jaggery powdered – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – a pinch
- Honey – 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Salt – a pinch
- Soak karamani in water over night or at least 6 to 7 hours. Wash and drain the water. Pressure cook along with a pinch of salt for one to two whistles. Do not overcook.
- Drain the excess water and keep aside.
- Add half cup water to the jaggery powder and bring to boil. Remove it and strain it. Put this jaggery syrup back into stove and make a thick syrup. Add cooked karamani and mix well. Keep the flame to low and stir continuously till the karamani and jaggery blends well. Remove and add cardamom powder and honey. Mix well.