- Maida (Plain) flour – 1 cup
- Milk Powder - 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1/2 cup
- Cardamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Kesar Colour - a pinch
In a kadai put little ghee and fry the maida till nice aroma comes.
In another vessel put 1 cup water and add sugar and make one string consistency syrup. Add fried maida, milk powder and mix well. Stir continuously and add the remaining ghee to it. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the vessel. Add cardamom powder, Kesar Colour and mix once again. Transfer this to a greased plate and cool it. Cut it into desired shape.
Note: With the above recipe, instead of kesar colour and cardamom, we can add different food colour and food essence and make the following Burfies:
1. Orange Burfi – Orange colour and orange flavour
2. Rose Burfi – Pink colour and Rose essence
3. Lemon Burfi – Yellow colour and lemon essence
4. Pista Burfi – Green colour and kevra essence
5. Vanila Burfi – No colour – only vanila essence
The above Burfies are mostly served in weddings.