- Parangikai (yellow pumpkin) – 1 medium piece
- Green Gram Dhal (Moong Dhal) – 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Ghee – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Cashewnuts – few
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Take a medium size fully ripe yellow pumpkin piece. Remove the seeds and scrap the skin. Grate it finely. Take two cups of grated pumpkin and keep aside.
- Wash the green gram dhal (Moong dhal) and add enough water and cook it till very soft.
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of ghee and fry the cashew nuts and keep aside. In the same kadai, put one more teaspoon ghee and fry the pumpkin gratings till the water content is absorbed and cooked soft and dry. Add cooked moong dhal and mix it well. Then add sugar and stir well. Cook till it thickens. Add remaining ghee, fried cashew nuts and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove and transfer it to a greased bowl.