- Idiyappam – 1 bowl
- Jaggery powdered – 3/4 cup
- Cardamom Powder – a pinch
We can prepare varieties of dishes using the plain Idiyappam also known as “Sevai”. One such dish is “Vella Sevai” – a sweet version.
- Gently take out the idiyappam strings and make it loose.
- In a thick bottomed vessel put the jaggery powder and add 1/4 cup water and bring to boil. Remove and strain it. Then again put it back in the stove and allow to boil till it reaches one string consistency. Add cardamom powder and remove from the stove. Pour this syrup over the idiyappam little by little and mix it thoroughly. Keep it aside for few minutes and then serve.
- For Idiyappam recipe check here.