- Puttu flour – 1 cup
- Hot Water – 1 cup
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Bengal Gram Dal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
- Onion Chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Green Chillies chopped – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Lemon Juice – few drops
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Put the puttu flour in a broad vessel. Add salt and mix well. Pour over the hot water and mix thoroughly. Keep closed with a lid for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it starts pop up add bengal gram dal, urad dal and asafoetida and fry till the dals are become light brown. Add chopped onion, green chillies and curry leaves. Fry for a while. Now add the soaked puttu flower and mix well. Finally add lemon juice and stir once again and remove.
- Serve with any “Thuvaiyal” or “Pickle”.