- Semiya – One big bowl (100 grams)
- Green Gram (Moong) Dal – 1/4 cup (50 grams)
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Black Pepper – 2 teaspoons
- Jeeragam (Cumin) – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Asafotida Powder – 2 pinches
- Cashewnuts – few
- Green Chilli – 1
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of ghee and add semiya. Fry till it slightly turns light brown. Remove and keep it aside.
- Coarsely powder the pepper and cumin. Finely chop the ginger. Just give a slit to the green chilli.
- Wash the Green Gram (Moong) Dal and add four cups of water. Add a pinch of turmeric powder, finely chopped ginger and cook it. Once it is 3/4th cooked, add the fried semiya (vermicelli) along with salt. Stir well and close with a lid. Cook on low flame till all the water is absorbed and the semiya is cooked well.
- In a kadai put the ghee and when it is hot add cashew nuts, asafotida powder, pepper and cumin powder, slit green cchilli and curry leaves. Pour this seasoning to the cooked semiya and mix well.
- Serve with Gosthu or coconut Chutney.