- Sprouted Moong – 2 tablespoons
- Parboiled Rice – 2 tablespoons
- Ragi Flour – 1 teaspoon
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 teaspoons
- Cardamom Powder – a pinch
- In a kadai add the sprouted moong and dry fry till it is hot to touch. Then remove the contents to another container.
- In the same kadai add the parboiled rice and fry till it becomes light brown. Remove and cool it.
- Put both the fried sprouted moong and rice in a mixie and grind it to a fine powder.
- Add ragi flour to this and mix it thoroughly and keep aside.
- Boil one cup of water and add the above flour slowly stirring continuously, keeping the stove on medium flame. Within few seconds it will become solid.
- Reduce the heat to minimum and add boiled milk. Mix well and switch off the stove. Add sugar and cardamom powder, stir well and serve.
- Note: If you do not want it sweet, then cook the flour as above and cool it. Then add a cup of buttermilk, two pinches of salt and pepper powder and serve.
- In both the ways, it is very filling and healthy porridge.