- Semiya (Vermicelli) – 2 cups
- Tomato – 2
- Onion – 1
- Green Chilli – 1
- Red Chilli – 1
- Garlic Flakes – 4
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Mustrad – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Cashew Nuts – few (optional)
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Boil 6 cups of water along with a teaspoon of oil and salt. Add semiya (vermicelli) and cook till it is soft. Remove from stove and drain the excess water. Immediately add cold water and rinse well. Drain all the water completely and put the cooked semiya in a plate.
- Chop onion, garlic and tomato finely. Slit green chilli lengthwise.
- In a thick bottomed kadai put the oil. When it is hot add mustard. When the mustard starts popping up add red chilli, curry leaves, chopped garlic and fry till the garlic turn light brown.
- Then add chopped onion and fry for few seconds. Put chopped tomato and fry for few more seconds and then green chillies, turmeric powder and fry till tomatoes are mashed well.
- Add red chilli powder and salt. Stir well.
- Add cooked semiya (Vermicelli) and mix thoroughly.
- Add fried cashew nuts and remove.
Serve with any Curd Pachadi or with plain curd (Yogurt).