- White Til (Ellu) seeds – 2 tablespoon
- Coconut gratings – ½ cup
- Red Chillies – 3 to 4 Nos (depending on the size)
- Tamarind – a small gooseberry size
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Clean the til seeds and fry it in a dry kadai till it pops up. Remove it and cool.
- Mix coconut, chillies, tamarind, fried til and salt together and grind to a fine paste.
- Season it with mustard and curry leaves.
I just discovered your website…i liked it a lot, esp the variety in chutneys…
Also i wish you could include more of other cuisines also apart from the Tamil ones…:-)
Anyway, good work and all the best.
Welcome to my site Swathi. Thank you for your kind suggestion. I have to try other cuisines also.