- Jeera – 1 tablespoon
- Red Chillies – 2 to 3 Nos
- Onion – Big – 1 No
- Garlic flake – 2 Nos
- Tamarind – Big gooseberry size
- Gingelly oil – 2 to 3 tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Chop the onion finely. Crush the garlic flakes. Grind Jeera, red chillies and tamarind to a fine paste.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot, add mustard. When the mustard pops up, add chopped onion, crushed garlic and curry leaves and fry nicely.
- Now add the ground jeera paste along with little water. Allow to boil. Remove it after sometime.
Tips: Grinding fresh chillies and jeera will give nice flavour. However, for quick version, just chop the onion and garlic and fry in a tablespoon of oil and add one teaspoon tamarind paste, one teaspoon chilli powder and two teaspoon jeera powder along with salt and sprinkle little water and mix everything well on low flame.