- Beans -100 grams
- Green Chilli – 2 to 3
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoons
- White Ellu (Til / Sesame seeds) – 3 teaspoons
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash the beans, cut it into 2″ long pieces and then slit each piece lengthwise into four.
- Slit the green chillies into two.
- In a small kadai put the Ellu (til seeds) and dry fry till it turns light brown. Cool it. Keep 1 teaspoon fried til for garnishing. Powder the remaining ellu (til).
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal, cumin, green chillies and curry leaves. Fry till the urad dhal become golden brown. Add beans and sprinkle a handful of water along with salt. Mix well. Close with a lid and cook it on medium flame. When the beans are cooked soft, add ellu powder and mix well. Finally add the coconut gratings and once again stir well. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle the fried til seeds over the beans.