- Broad Beans – 10 to 15
- Green Gram Dhal – two tablespoon
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – half teaspoon
- Jeera – half teaspoon
- Curry leaves few
- Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Wash and cut the avaraikai into small pieces. For one cup cut vegetable, cook two tablespoon green gram dhal (not too soft 3/4th cooked). In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and when it is hot add half teaspoon mustard, little jeera, one string curry leaves and fry for a while. Put the vegetable now and add a teaspoon of sambar powder, a pinch of turmeric powder, half teaspoon salt and sprinkle water just to cover the vegetable. Mix well. Close with lid. Cook on medium flame till the vegetable is soft and all the water is absorbed. Now add the cooked dhal, one tablespoon grated coconut and mix well.
- You can also add at the end half teaspoon curry powder.