- Ladies finger (small size) – 25 to 30
- Onion – chopped finely – 1 cup
- Coconut Gratings – 1 cup
- Ground Nut – 1/2 cup
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Jeera Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Ginger paste – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and wipe the ladies finger with a paper towel. Cut the top and end and slit the ladies finger gently lengthwise.
- In a dry kadai put the ground nut and fry just hot to touch. Remove and cool it. Grind to a coarse powder.
- In a kadai put two teaspoon of oil and when it is hot add jeera and fry just for a second. Then add chopped onion and fry for one to two seconds (do not brown it). Add ginger paste and fry for few seconds. Add coconut gratings and fry for few more seconds. Then add red chilli powder, turmeric, coriander powder, jeera powder, salt and stir it. Finally add the peanut powder and mix well. Remove it. This is the stuffing.
- Stuff this powder gently into the slit ladies finger. In a baking tray put aluminum foil and arrange the stuffed ladies finger. Spray little cooking oil over it.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 deg and put the tray into the oven and bake for 10 to fifteen minutes. Take out the tray and turn the ladies fingers gently and again bake it for another 10 to fifteen minutes or until crisp and golden brown.