- Pavakaai (Bitter gourd) – 2 to 3 Nos
- Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Tamarind – A small gooseberry size
- Jaggery powdered – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Soak tamarind in little water and take out thick juice. One tablespoon juice is required.
- Wash and cut the bitter gourd into thin round slices. Put it in boiling water and allow to boil for one to two minutes and remove. Put the blanched bittergourd pieces in a broad vessel. Add chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, tamarind juice, jaggery powder and salt. Mix it well and keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Heat a tawa and arrange the marinated bittergourd pieces in a single layer. Pour a one or two teaspoons of oil over it and cook on low flame. After few seconds, turn each piece around. Cook for few more seconds. Repeat this and cook till it turns crisp and golden brown.
- Note: If you use non-stick tawa two teaspoons of oil is sufficient. Or else you have to add little more oil.