- Potato – 3 Nos (medium size)
- Jeera (Cumin seeds) – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3 Nos
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Garlic flakes – 4 to 6 Nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
Boil potatoes till soft. Remove the skin and cut it into medium size cubes.
Chop green chillies, ginger and garlic finely.
In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add jeera. When it starts spluttering, add chopped green chillies, ginger and garlic along with curry leaves. Fry for a while. Add potato pieces along with turmeric powder and salt. Mix well. Cover with lid and cook on low flame for two to three minutes stirring now and then.
Tips: If you use baby potatoes, the dish will look nice. Cook baby potatoes and use as it is without cutting the potato. Basically this dish is from North India, curry leaves are not added to it. But I added curry leaves and it tastes good. You can garnish it with chopped coriander leaves also.