- Pudalankai – 1
- Bengal gram dhal – 2 tablespoons
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoons
- Red Chillies – 2 to 3 Nos
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry Leaves – few
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the pudalankai lengthwise and remove the seeds and inner white parts. Slice it into thin half circles. Add a pinch of salt and mix well and keep it.
- Add turmeric powder to the bengal gram dhal and cook till soft.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add curry leaves and red chillies broken into small pieces. Take the pudalankai pieces in hand and squeeze out the water content and add the pieces along with little salt and stir fry on low flame till the vegetable is soft.
- Now add the cooked dhal (drain out the excess water and add only dhal) and coconut gratings and mix well.
- Keep it on low flame for one or two minutes and remove.